It seems the entire PR industry is totally crushing on Pinterest lately. If you’re looking for the next big marketing tool for your business or brand, here are five reasons why you probably should be, too:
- Pinterest is driving more referral traffic than every other social media site combined.
- It is proving to retain and engage users way more efficiently than Twitter.
- The 15 most popular photos ever pinned include a photo of metallic toes, a close-up of chocolate chip bacon cookies and an inspirational quote about love. (I just thought this was interesting.)
- For overachievers or DIY types, it’s super easy to make cool infographics or customize photos all on your own for free.
- Apparently, even psychotherapists can double their online traffic by using Pinterest.
On a personal note, Pinterest is my jam. Ever since buying my first home last year, I’ve developed a healthy obsession with the site, turning to it for inspiration for nearly every DIY project I’ve tackled. Until recently though, I’ve struggled to wrap my head around the possibility of using Pinterest as a widespread marketing tool. I mean, what about businesses that don’t have any product to pin? Or what about brands that have no appeal whatsoever to the primary U.S. Pinterest market of women 25-34?
Now that Pinterest has exploded on the social media scene (hello, 3rd most popular social networking site in the universe,) PR pros are stepping in to answer these questions and more, helping guide all of us in using this powerful platform to reach consumers and boost brand equity. Read more